Preparing your body in a healthy way during your pregnancy is important because it means you and your baby will have a better chance of a safe period of gestation. It will give you and your baby the best chance for a natural and uncomplicated birth experience. The choices we make, determine the outcome of our future.
The choice to learn about healthy habits will prepare you for a calm, peaceful and joyful birth experience.
There are certain choices we make during this time that will impact the experience of pregnancy, labour and birth.
# Making Healthy Food Choices
You might wonder why we are discussing healthy food choices for pregnancy, labour and birth. Your body needs the correct nutrients and fuel for the development of your baby in utero and for you to maintain the optimum level of wellness for a balanced hormonal, emotional and physical state.
Rule of thumb when choosing foods to support a healthy pregnancy, ensure a safe labour & a comfortable birth
- Fresh Fish – natural & wild where possible. The 10 recommended safe fish to eat during pregnancy that are rich in Omega -3 & low in Mercury are: Anchovies, Atlantic Herrings, Atlantic Mackerel (not Kind Mackeral), Mussels, Oysters, Sardines, Scallops, Shrimp, Trout & Salmon according to Harvard’s Dariush Mozaffarian, M.D.,MDPhD.
- Fresh Meat – local and organic where possible and ensure that the meat is cooked. For more information http://www.foodauthority.nsw.gov.au/foodsafetyandyou/life-events-and-food/pregnancy/foods-to-eat-or-avoid-when-pregnant
- Dairy – Fresh Local Organic Produce
- Green & Coloured Vegetables – locally grown and organic
- Healthy Pregnancy Smoothies
- Green & Herbal Teas
- Fresh Fruit – seasonal, local where possible & organically grown.
- Fresh clean drinking water.
#Wipe the Whites
The likelihood in the increase of gestational diabetes, pre-eclampsia during pregnancy, obesity in ourselves and our children up to the age of 7 years through uneducated and poor eating habits, can be attributed to convenience and lack of time. Foods that do not nourish us or enrich our cells will increase the calorie intake that do not positively support a healthy pregnancy and it is thought to increase the likelihood of morning sickness and tiredness.
Make time for Exercise
- Pregnancy Yoga
- Stretching & Toning
#Make Time for daily Relaxation
- Calm Breathing
- Daily Positive Affirmations
- Facial Relaxation
- Light Touch Massage
Learn more about HypnoBirthing and how you can take back control of your pregnancy, labour and birth by joining our classes starting on the 6th January, 2016 on the Sunshine Coast.
Oops! We could not locate your form.